Friday 1 February 2013

Finally Settling In :)

On my fourth day at the Liffey Champion Newspaper, I was finally beginning to fully settle in. This was definitely my best and busiest day of my work experience so far.
Including myself there were three people on work experience, one girl from college and one from another school who was in T.Y. she was lovely and it was nice knowing there was someone there in the same situation as me.
The day started as it was to continue, with loads of press and media releases. I had to read through them and  write them up into stories, which I really really love :)
I was doing this pretty much for the whole day, along with some research and also a phone call or two. I did give myself a few little breaks to get a cup of tea despite being super busy...
Final duties of the day were to proofread some stories that were to be printed and then hand them into the editor with any corrections underlined. They were then sent on upstairs to be corrected for printing.
I got a few things published again this week and I super pleased with that :)

Love this placement.

No comments:

Post a Comment