Friday 18 January 2013

Liffey Champion :D

My second work experience placement is at the Liffey Champion Newspaper in Leixlip. I was so so glad of securing this placement as journalism is something I have a huge interest in. When initially turned down, I persisted, and got the place!! :D I was over the moon.
My first day was really very nerve wrecking, as I going to be way out of my comfort zone. However, when I got there and I met my supervisor, I was instantly put at ease, she was lovely. I was given press releases, and even Facebook Statuses and I had to make them into stories or articles.
As Wednesdays are the day that the paper goes to press, it is a super busy day so I have plenty of things to write to keep me busy.
The experience was fantastic and I also had my own articles published, so overall it was fantastic !! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment