Friday 30 November 2012

9th day...only one week left?? :O

On this day of my work experience, reality set in. It was my second last day. I realised just how much I would love to do all my placements in the school.

Today was...simply fantastic. I absolutely loved this day. I spent the morning with a great third class group. I really had a great time in there as I got to play several maths games with the class, and they were so lovely and allowed me to join in to play myself. Then I got to hear some of the children reading me extracts from their favourite school library books. I even got to have some Stone Age projects presented to me by the students with the best ones. After all this "show and tell" I got to do some real maths helping work. Teaching them how to multiply by ten and helping with their four times tables. Really rewarding experience working with the class.

Again I was with the junior infants, (little balls of energy). They can be really hard to keep track of, and really hard to tame, but with praise and patience, they can be really fantastic to work with. I didnt stay there long so I havent much to say about my time in that class. After, I looked down at my timetable, and was absolutely delighted to see that I was in with the same fourth class as the week before :)

I love love love this class, the teacher is amazingly friendly and really allows me to get straight in to the teaching and throws me right in at the deep end, which I love! The class itself, as in the children, are also incredibly friendly, all polite, they like to laugh and joke with me but also will take my instruction without any moans and groans. They are so welcoming and enthusiastic, and, for helping them, the teacher and students presented me with a Christmas Candy Cane as a thanks. I left the school and walked home in the single best mood I have been in, in ages. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment