Friday 30 November 2012

Work Experience 8 :)

This day at work experience was really a funny one, with lots of laughs had by all.

In the morning, the vice principal who usually sets us out what we are to do, was absent. Myself and the other girl doing the placement with me, had no idea what to do and where to go. We went in search of tasks, and another teacher informed us that there would be a DVD launch about the history of Celbridge the next evening. What does this have to do with us you ask? Well....for this event, the school wanted to decorate the hall will some balloons. Us girls got the task of blowing them up.

There was just one minor issue with this. Neither of us were any good at blowing up balloons, or tying them for that matter. We were kindly provided with a pump but it broke halfway through it was being used so vigorously. It should probably have only taken two average balloon blowers a couple of minutes, it took us...well...lets say, quite a but longer than that.

After this I was able to go and work with some actual classes, this was great because again, I got to be really interactive with the children. I was in with a class of junior infants (which are very lively to say the least) and then I was in with fourth class. This fourth class, I absolutely love working with. The teacher was so kind, so welcoming and incredibly friendly. The class were enthusiastic, and totally willing to work properly with me in the lesson I was teaching them.

This class has left a lasting impression on me, and I really hope I get to work with them again before the end of my work experience at the school :)

No comments:

Post a Comment